Saturday, February 24, 2007

Error 25011. A file required to install the RnR environment could not be located. ... Make sure that the correct .tvt file is located in the same fold

I simply LOVE my IBM T41, however after a reinstall I wanted to get Rescue and Recovery up and running again (I have zillions of files on an USB drive I needed to restore). However when I attempted that, I was hit with above error message.

I will spare you, dear reader for all the things I attempted, but simply point you in the right direction if you are ended here with the same issue.

I BELIEVE that my issue was caused by the fact that I am using an UK version of XP in another country (Denmark). As I always do, I only downloaded the English version of Rescue and Recovery which unfortunately gave me above error. The FIX to this was to download the full version, which can be found on Lenovo's homepage at the VERY bottom of the download page for Rescue and Recovery (v4.0). -They call it something "enterprise version for select languages etc.).

Good luck.

Best regards
Jens P. Hansen (From a TOTAL snow covered Denmark, where everything has come to a stand-still :-) ).

1 comment:

Jan Vesely said...

Thank you for saving me a lot of time! It is still relevant in 2015 with current version of rescue and recovery :)